- Care of Students: CPSOD is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students. Students are not to be left at the studio for excessive time before or after class.
- Injuries: Parents, legal guardians of minor students and adult students waive the right to any legal action for any injury sustained on CPSOD property resulting from normal dance activity or any other activity conducted by the students before, during or after class time.
- Photo Release: CPSOD is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials the studio creates. Permission is also hereby granted for the studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
- Social Media Channels: The best way to stay on top of all things related to dance at CPSOD, is to follow us on Facebook & Instagram.
Class Cancellation Policy
- Storm Closures: Classes are not rescheduled or refunded if there is a storm. Please note we only close when absolutely necessary. We do not follow the school boards decisions. Please always refer to the studio website and social media channels. Students may make up the class with another, within the same month if they wish.
- Make-up Lessons: Once enrolled, students are expected to attend all classes regularly. Students may make up classes missed by attending a similar class in the schedule within the same term. If a dance class is cancelled due to inclement weather, classes will not be rescheduled. As recital time approaches, extra classes are scheduled at no additional charge; consequently, any lost classes receive adequate compensation.
- Substitutions: CPSOD reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the studio cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made up.
Pricing & Payment Structure
Our studio dance season runs for 9 months from September to May & includes participation in the annual dance recital (ages 3 & up) held at the Arts and Culture Centre. Our New Fall Schedule is posted online before the start of each new season. We prepare this class schedule based on our pre-registration of previously enrolled students and the parent feedback & requests at the end of each current season. There is a registration fee of $20 per dancer (HST incl.) due at registration to ensure your reserved place in class.
Monthly Rate per Class
- 30 Minutes – $40/month
- 45 Minutes – $50/month
- 1 hour – $60/month
- 1 hour 15 minutes – $70/month
- 1 hour 30 minutes – $80/month
- 1 hour 45 minutes – $90/month
- 2 hours – $100/month
Sliding Discount Scale
- 1st Class – Regular Price
- 2nd Class – 10% off
- 3rd Class – 20% off
- 4th Class – 30% off
- 5th Class – 40% off
- 6th Class – 50% off
Discount stops at 50% off. This discount scale applies to all additional classes taken at Connie Parsons School of Dance. The longest class is billed at regular price, and the discounts are calculated in order of longest to shortest class period. Discounts are set up to happen automatically through our online registration system. Siblings will be treated as individual dancers. There are no family discounts.
There are two payment structures available monthly auto-pay or payment by term.
What to Wear to Dance Class
Required dancewear and dance shoes must be worn to all classes. Failure to wear required dancewear to class could result in students being asked to sit out of the class. Repeated failure to wear required dancewear could result in the termination of lessons. Students are not permitted to wear shoes worn on the street or outdoors, to any dance class. Dancewear is available for purchase on-site and online at our store, Spectrum Movement.
Important Dates & Holidays
- Saturday, September 10: First Day of Classes
- September 18: First Day of Adult 12-week session
- Friday, September 30: Truth and Reconciliation Day (Open for Classes)
- October 6: First Class of Adult 10-week Jazz/Hip Hop class
- Monday, October 10: Thanksgiving (No Classes)
- Friday, November 11: Remembrance Day (No Classes)
- December 1st: Costume Deposits for showtime 2023 will be due
- Tuesday, December 20: Last Day of Classes before Christmas
- Wednesday, January 4: First Day of Classes after Christmas
- January 23: 10-week ADULT Winter term begins
- March 15-19: Wanna Dance Competition (EVOLVE DANCE)
- March 30-April 2: 5678 Showtime Competition (EVOLVE DANCE)
- Thursday, April 6: Last Day of Classes before Easter
- Friday, April 7 -Thursday, April 13: Closed for Easter Break
- April 2023: Costume Balances due for Showtime 2023
- April 13-16: Elite Dance Competition (EVOLVE DANCE)
- Friday, April 14: First Day of Classes after Easter
- April 29/30: Staging Rehearsals at ACC for Showtime 2023
- May 3-May 7: Dance Quest Competition (EVOLVE DANCE)
- May 9/10: Showtime 2023 St. John’s Arts & Culture Centre
- May 9-12 Show week (Studio Closed)
- May 13: Studio re-open after show
- May 18-21: View Dance Challenge Competition (EVOLVE DANCE)
- May 22: Victoria Day (Closed)
- May 26: Last day of classes
- Cecchetti Ballet Examinations and ISTD Tap/Modern Examination dates TBA
It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all activities, recitals, extra classes, and dates the studio is open or closed. CPSOD will post all such notices on social media groups, studio website and emails sent out. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check these places to ensure they are informed. It is also the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the studio of any credit card numbers, credit card expiration dates, mailing address, email, or telephone number changes.